No SARS officers will be deploy to SWAT, no patrol, unlawful search – Police

Nigeria Police have announced that members of the defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) will not be deployed to the Special Weapons and Tactics Team (SWAT).

The Force Headquarters confirmed this on Wednesday.

Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, gave five ‘important facts’ about the new unit.

The points are: No personnel of the defunct SARS will be selected to be part of the new Tactical Team;

Operations of the new Tactical Team will be strictly intelligence driven;
Members of the new Tactical Team will by no means embark on routine patrols;

The new team are barred from indiscriminate and unlawful search of phones and laptops;

Operatives must be free of any disciplinary matter especially those touching on misuse of firearms or abuse of human rights.

The Police had ordered all SARS personnel to report to Abuja.

The security agency also assured that prospective SWAT members will undergo psychological and medical examination to ascertain their fitness and eligibility.

They are to commence training at the different Police tactical training institutions nationwide next week.

Personnel from the Police Commands in the South-East and the South-South will be trained at the Counter-Terrorism College, Nonwa-Tai, Rivers State.

Those from the Police Commands in the North and South-West will be trained at the Police Mobile Force Training College, Nasarawa State and the Police Mobile Force Training College, Osun State, respectively.

An envious man beheads his wife & carries it to Police station. See why

Kinnar Yadav, a jealous husband has shocked people after allegedly killing his wife in a very horrific way.

The man is said to have cut his wife’s head off just because he caught her talking to their neighbour.

Kinnar Yadav, 40, had long suspected his wife Vimla, 35, of being unfaithful to him, according to reports.

Other residents of Baberu, located in Banda region in India’s Uttar Pradesh, reportedly told him she was having an affair with Ravikant Yadav who lives in a house near the couple.

On Friday morning Kinnar took a walk and returned home to find Vimla chatting with Rakivant.

Local police say he was looking to buy a buffalo and Vimla had been giving him tips.

Seeing the two of them together angered Kinnar so much that he grabbed an axe and attacked the other man, injuring him before he fled the scene.

He then turned his attention to his wife, killing her and severing her head from her body. The couple’s two sons, Bhagat and Prahlad, weren’t home at the time.

Officers say Kinnar took the head and walked almost 3km to the closest police station to turn himself in.

He reportedly stood inside the station holding the head for more than 15 minutes before senior police officers were alerted to his alarming presence.

Footage of the man brandishing his wife’s head was published on social media, where authorities say it went viral.

Banda’s assistant superintendent of police Mahendra P Chauhan told local media: “The incident happened in Baberu town.

“Kinnar reached the police station around 8:30 am with the severed head.

“He also attacked the neighbour, Ravikant Yadav, who is under treatment at a hospital. His condition is stable.”

He added: “Kinnar told us that he wanted to kill Ravikant but ended up killing his wife in a fit of rage.”

The suspect was arrested under Section 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

A case was registered at Baberu police station under relevant IPC sections and Kinnar will appear in a local court soon, a police officer said.

Source: Daily Star UK

Former Bank Director, Cecelia Ibru Sentence to Jail

Cecelia Ibru was a former managing director of the defunct oceanic Bank Nigeria, who was sentenced to jail on 8 October ,2010 .

She was charged over the loan of about 16 billion naira arrears she gave without a collateral to a company. As a result over 100 properties was confiscated from her. The properties are in Nigeria, Dubai and United States of America.

On 13 August 2009 Ibru was amongst five bank CEOs who were dismissed. Five replacements were named by the

Central Bank of Nigeria. The deputy governor, Sarah Alade, announced that John Aloh would replace Ibru at Oceanic. Others replaced on the same day included the CEO of the Union Bank of Nigeria , Dr. Bath Ebong, who was replaced by Olufunke Iyabo Osibodu .

Ibru was charged to court alongside three other senior banking executives ,They all denied charges that they were involved in a multibillion-dollar banking scandal. She was sentenced on October 8, 2010 on 25 counts of fraud and ordered to reimburse 1.29bn (approximately one billion Euros, and she was ordered to serve six months of prison.

The economic and financial crime commission had brought criminal charges against executives from five banks rescued in a 400bn naira ($2.6bn; £1.6bn) government bail-out. All the banks were found to have low cash reserves because of bad loans. Ibru had extended credit facilities of 16 billion NAIRA to a company who had no collateral.

The court confiscated over 100 properties from her in Nigeria, Dubai and the United States.

By
Airview News.

Breaking :Three Libyan men set Nigeria man ablaze in Tripoli

The United Nations(UN) has reacted after the Libyan Interior Ministry revealed how three Libyan men stormed a factory in Tripoli, doused a Nigerian worker in petrol, and set him on fire.

A statement by Tripoli’s interior ministry on Wednesday said the 3 suspects, all Libyan nationals, had been detained for the attack on the Nigerian man who has not been named. on Tuesday October 6.

According to the ministry, witnesses described the men storming the factory and setting the Nigerian man on fire.

The attack, one out of many carried out by Libyans on migrants in the north African country has been described by the United Nations as “another senseless crime against migrants in the country.”

“We are horrified by the killing of a Nigerian migrant worker in Tripoli, Libya by three men yesterday. The young man was burned alive, in yet again another senseless crime against migrants in the country,” tweeted Federico Soda, head of the UN’s International Organization of Migration mission in Libya.

“Those responsible must be held to account.”

By
Airview News.

President Muhammadu Buhari Inaugurate Onitsha Sea port

President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has yet again proven that he is committed to bettering the lives of every Nigerian.

For so many years, his political enemies have continued to peddle lies that he is only working for Northerners.

Yesterday, Onitsha Port was commissioned by officials to mark yet another landmark for the Buhari led administration.

This means that businessmen can import from China and goods will be transported straight to Onitsha. It implies that businesses in South-East will no longer depend on Lagos Ports.

This means that businessmen can import from China and goods will be transported straight to Onitsha. It implies that businesses in South-East will no longer depend on Lagos Ports.

By
Airview News.

FG Plan To Fulfill Plan To Lift 100m Nigerians Out Of Poverty

The Minister of Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs, George Akume, has reiterated the Federal Government’s plans to fulfil its pledge of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty, by creating jobs through different Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari in his 2019 Democracy Day address said, “With leadership and a sense of purpose, we can lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in 10 years.”

In order to actualize the vision, according to a communiqué issued by Julie Jacobs, Director Press, in the ministry on Friday in Abuja, Mr Akume convened an inter-ministerial meeting with other ministries to collaborate towards achieving the set goals.

The meeting chaired had in attendance; Sabo Nanono, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development and Suleiman Adamu, Minister of Water Resources.

Others were: Otunba Richard Adebayo, Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr Mamood Abubakar, Minister of Environment and Dr Kayode Fayemi, Governor of Ekiti State and Chairman of Nigerian Governors` Forum.

According to the communiqué, discussions were made on some key thematic areas where synergy was required across the relevant ministries to achieve the desired objectives.

It was resolved that collaboration among the MDAs was a much needed action towards fulfiling Mr President`s vision.

While commending Mr Akume for the initiative to create the framework of cooperation among the MDAs, the ministers agreed to be active in playing their own roles to achieve their mandates in addressing the vision.

“There`s the need for stakeholders’ engagements, especially states and local governments and for a technical committee of experts to be set up to include professionals from the line ministries,” the communiqué announced.

The team also agreed to expand the forum to accommodate other relevant ministries, the Organised Private Sector and Civil Society Organisations; and to create implementation strategy and a platform for measuring, monitoring, and evaluation of the inter-ministerial forum.

In addition to the resolutions, the forum placed emphasis on harnessing dams across the country to increase agricultural production and power generation for empowerment and poverty alleviation.

They also resolved to ensure the deployment of climate change adaptation technologies, agricultural initiative, harnessing of sundry opportunities for establishment of cottage industries cutting across ministries of agriculture, environment, power, water resources along economic corridors in the country to alleviate poverty.

World Refugee Day: Nigeria condemns All Acts Of Discrimination

The Commissioner for National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons, Basheer Mohammed, has said that the Nigerian government is joining its voices with others to condemn all acts of discrimination across the globe.

Delivering his speech at the 2020 World Refugee Day Celebration in Abuja, the Commissioner said the agency is responsible and dedicated to the empowerment, rehabilitation and livelihood support for refugees in Nigeria.

“We make a strong statement today that we recognize you, we stand with you and will continue to support to a place of improved dignity and prosperity,” he said.

“On this day we identify with the concerns of refugees around the world. Your strength, your courage, and your resilience are remarkable.

“Many of you have left your countries in response to threats based on religion, race, membership of a particular social group, and in some cases due to war in various parts of the world.

“But, we want you to know, today more than ever, the Nigerian Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari is fully behind you and will continue to protect you,” Mr Basheer stressed.

According to him, the establishment of the NCRMIDP itself is a testimony of the country’s commitment to the plight of Refugees, Migrants as well as Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs.

The Commissioner stated further that even with the global pandemic caused by the Coronavirus, the efforts of its office in supporting the needs of Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons has not slowed down.

He added that the commission’s offices are open in line with the Federal Government advised protocol, saying; “we have also reached out to all camps and host communities with protective supplies, such as hand sanitizers, buckets and face masks”.

While thanking its partner, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Nigeria in the role it has played so far, the Commissioner said; “this year’s theme, EVERYONE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, EVERY ACTION COUNTS is befitting, even as he reassured the Refugees, Migrants, and IDPs that they are the Commission’s primary concern.”

Speaking further he said; “for those you here with us today, as leaders of various communities, you have taken a bold step to be the “change-makers” and thus we appreciate you.

“No matter who you are or where you came from, pandemic or not; everyone can make a difference. Every action counts and ours are in an inclusive world.”

He, however, urged the refugees who were not present at the Refugee Day’s celebration to visit the Commission at its head office in Abuja as well as their different offices across the country, saying that the commission administers registration daily between the hours of 9 am to 4 pm.

EFCC Recovers N400m Stolen Funds In Sokoto

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Zonal Office in Sokoto has recovered about N400 million stolen funds in its operations between January and June 16, 2020.

Abdullahi Lawal, the head of the office said this while speaking with newsmen in Sokoto.

Mr Lawal said that the EFCC also secured seven convictions during the period under review.

He said that about 100 petitions were received by the agency, bordering on advanced fee fraud, money laundry, and land matters.

Mr Lawal said that some leaders of Sokoto traders association were interrogated by the EFCC over alleged diversion of N1 billion loan facility granted by the State Government.

The zonal office is in charge of Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara.

Tanzania receives first shipment of herbal concoction from Madagascar that cures COVID-19, but WHO has misgivings.

Tanzania says it has received its first shipment of Madagascar’s self-proclaimed, plant-based “cure” for coronavirus, despite warnings from the World Health Organization that its efficacy is unproven.

The announcement on Friday came days after Madagascar said it would begin selling the herbal concoction – known as Covid-Organics – and that several African countries had already put in orders.

“Tanzania today received the support of coronavirus medicine from Madagascar,” government spokesman Hassan Abas said on Twitter.

The purported remedy is a drink derived from artemisia – a plant with proven efficacy in malaria treatment – and other indigenous herbs.

Last month, Madagascar’s President Andry Rajoelina launched the remedy at a news conference, drinking from a sleekly-branded bottle filled with an amber liquid which he said had already cured two people.

Madagascar has since been giving away thousands of bottles of the product, developed by the state-run Malagasy Institute of Applied Research, to countries across Africa.

Earlier this week, the East African island nation told the Reuters news agency it would begin selling the drink, which domestically can be bought for around 40 US cents per bottle.

Along with Tanzania, Equatorial Guinea, Central African Republic, the Republic of the Congo, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Liberia and Guinea-Bissau have already received thousands of doses of Covid-Organics free of charge.

Guinea-Bissau has received more than 16,000 doses which it is distributing to the 14 other African nations.

Liberia’s Deputy Information Minister Eugene Farghon said this week there was no plan to test the remedy before distribution.

“It will be used by Liberians and will be used on Liberians,” he said, noting that the WHO had not tested other popular local remedies.

“Madagascar is an African country … Therefore we will proceed as an African nation and will continue to use our African herbs.”